Carly - the main character in the novel called SNOWSTORM

Carly's blog is the fictitious representation of a character's life in the year prior to the story depicted in the novel

amy winehouse rocks

Amy Winehouse Rocks!



Sunday, May 16, 2010

School's Out for Summer

Yes! It's almost summer, and I am sooo ready. I just wish I was going somewhere on a vacation like everyone else.  My family has never gone away on a trip as far as I remember.  Once I went with my aunt's family to Edisto Beach.  Now, though, it's only my mother and me anyway.
 
I really want to get out of here this summer. I tried to get a job so I could make some spending money, but my mom didn't get home to take me to the interview I had set up, so I don't know. I'll have to try again. If I don't have a job to go to, I'll just be stuck here at home alone all day.  Watching television all day is really boring. It wasn't so bad when my sister was here, but she's been gone for more than a year. She couldn't wait to leave. I don't know if it really matters.

A couple of my girlfriends promised to pick me up sometimes.  A couple of them have cars.  They say we can all go to the lake and score some beer.  Maddie promised to teach me to drive, but she said that before and she was a little tipsy at the time.

Still, at least I don't have to go to classes and listen to teachers for a while.

No comments: